From Britt Beamer's keynote speech at the Do It Best convention
10. Embrace change-it's your greatest ally, especially when you
know what to expect first.
9. Don't run your company from the corporate headquarters-join
them on the front line on weekends.
8. Be a good corporate citizen: take a leadership role in a charity
or community service.
7. Use direct mail as your silent predator-attacking your competitor's
6. Make sure your Sunday inserts have the strongest offers on the
5. Respect your employees and compensate them so they want to come
to work each day.
4. Drive higher consideration share by leveraging TV to be the great
3. Your TV advertising must have the best production values in
your specific industry.
2. Identify a product category and a unique service position that
is not easily copied and therefore you stand out.
1. Have the right store exterior on the most convenient store locations.